Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Coffee Shop Musings


It's raining
The coffee's hot
Soft sounds of sultry jazz music
The grind of a day's work
New faces in usual places
The familiar green circle
It's Home

It's Starbucks. Sitting in a faded brown arm chair watching the rain fall on a rainbow of brightly colored taxis rushing by. Everyone has somewhere to go - a place to be.

Today there is no rush. No place to go. No meeting scheduled. Today I just need to be.
To stop. To sit. To think. To breathe.

Half a world away
To stop running
To stop hiding
To look within
To BE

One of the scariest but most necessary experiences is confronting oneself. To sit in silence and listen to what the noise of this world, of our lives, so easily drowns out - the voice of our heart. 

Traveling across the globe these past 10 months has been an education. A series of lessons that the best universities in the world could only dream of teaching. 

The more people I meet
            The more I see we are all the same
The more people I encounter
            The more I treasure our unique differences
The more places I travel
            The more I discover how small the world truly is
The more places I stay
            The more I realize the vastness of our world
The more I learn
            The more I understand how little I actually know

No comments: