Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kampala, UGANDA: Returning Home

Returning to Kampala, my home base for the past several months was a bittersweet experience. Entering into the city I expected to feel a sense of relief and comfort, but was instead met with an overwhelming emptiness. Without my Go-Ed team of 13 the city was simply not the same.

My time in the city passed quickly as I caught up with old friends, took care of some business that needed attending to and had some new adventures with a new friend. I spent most of my time there staying with Lulu, a girl I was connected to through the travel website couchsurfing. She is a native Ugandan who works as a journalist for one of the national papers. I had a lovely time getting to know her and her friends all of whom were also related to the media field. It was incredible to hear their stories and their views of the changing status of the country.

No comments: