Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Live 4 Today

I'm gonna live for today
I'm gonna follow in your way
I'm gonna let my little light shine
Like there's no tomorrow
I won't worry about the past
I know my future is intact
So I'll choose to live my life one way
I'm gonna live it for today
~Natalie Grant

Struggling to capture the feelings held hostage in my heart, I love how music gives wings to my words, allowing them to soar along the melody and onto the page. For this moment in my story, a new theme song has emerged. Making my way these past few weeks I have been experiencing plenty, but feeling very little. Whether it be for survival sake or simply exhaustion, I have been blocking out my emotions, refusing to give myself the necessary time and freedom to process all I am learning and observing. 

Recognizing that while suppressing everything I am going through is convenient, it is not a healthy practice and something has to change. Preparing myself last night, I decided that this morning was the start of a new approach. Releasing the past and letting go of the future I know that the only way to truly experience all that God has for me in this time is to be present in every moment.

You told me not to worry
About what lies ahead
So I am gonna focus on today instead
Making every moment count and counting
Every single blessing
I'm gonna set my mind on the
Here and Now
This is what I want my life to be about


Not the first time I had adopted this mindset, it can be easy to become distracted when the past and future are always finding their way into the hear and now. In such a transient lifestyle and fluid culture, living for the moment and making every second count is the best way.

Here's to Living 4 Today!

No comments: