Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Growing Separation

I feel separated. Separated from the group, from God, by age, experience, size and perhaps even choice.

Living overseas seems completely normal to me. Adjusting to new cultures is always a challenge and a joy. I am not used to living in such a large group through. Trapped inside our little self created American bubble, Ugandan life seems so far away. Interacting with people on the streets I realize that while I am trying to embrace the culture here, I am still holding onto Morocco as well.

As I sit here trying to write, to reflect and to record my thoughts, I keep encountering a wall. I still don't feel as though I have processed all that I have been through. In many ways I think I have blocked out my emotions as I seem to have lost the ability to feel. Taking in the world around me I am forced to accept, even though I do not always agree.

Where has my passion gone?

Answering my own question, I have to give myself a little time. To Be Still and Let Go. To carve out a space each day, to sit in silence, alone with my thoughts, emotions and God.

No comments: