Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

If I Drink It, Will I Explode?

After coming down with a slight head cold it was recommended to me that I should drink green tea. Finding myself at a tea shortage in the house, I set out to search for some this morning. Arriving safely but soaked, sweating constantly is truly not a fashion statement, I made my way through the aisles of air-conditioned Acima in search of a light bulb, sugar and tea. Being 0 for 3 after walking up and down several rows I finally found myself staring down the coffee aisle. Certain that the little square boxes just past the qahwa (coffee in Arabic) contained tea I pressed on and to my shock was met not only by Arabic which I don't understand, French which I don't speak and Chinese which just looks like a bunch of pretty pictures!

Comparing one box to the next I struggled to determine if it was green tea, let alone if it was tea at all. Less than helpful to my search I found these English words printed on several of the boxes...



stunned by this unexpected packaging, I looked on...


trying to hold back the laughter, I began to wonder what must be the only plausible response to such a product... 

Does this mean if I drink it I will explode?  

If the heat outside of one hundred something wasn't bad enough, now there is a tea that contains Extra Gunpowder!  

For some reason I think that this might not exactly be FDA approved!

Not willing to risk it, I decided to go with peach, at least I know what that means in French.

There was actually a very sweet moment to this story, when an older man watching me hold and examen various boxes of tea pulled one off the shelf and in French explained to me that this was the best tea.  Taking his word for it, I thanked him in Arabic and decided to try it out.  At least it didn't have the word 'gunpowder' printed along the side, so I figured I was safe.

No comments: