Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Miscommunication

After being sick for my final four days in Morocco, I had to delay my final visit to Casablanca. When I was finally able to travel, the day before I was set to depart, I made arrangements to visit with my friends. However, apparently I forgot to mention that I was leaving the next day, so when I arrived they had made all these plans for the weekend and I had to explain that I couldn’t stay.

I felt horrible about the whole situation and they kept asking me if I could change my tickets. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do, so I just tried to make the most of the one evening we had, staying up late to talk with my friend and her cousin.

Leaving the next morning at 6am was bittersweet as it felt as though my time in Morocco was being cut short. Perhaps one day I will be able to return. Inshallah.

No comments: