Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Leaving On a Jet Plane...

Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again

For the past few weeks that chorus has been running through my head like a broken record.  I couldn't remember the rest of the words in the song, but it didn't matter.  These two simple lines sum up in very broad terms, the journey I am about to embark on.  For those of you who have not heard yet, I am leaving, really leaving, we are talking 7+ months people!!! and I truly don't know when I will be coming home.

My bags aren't quite packed, but here is the plan as it stands

I will be leaving Seattle Thursday June 5th and beginning my two day journey to Fes, Morocco for a summer internship.  I will be spending just over 10 weeks working with a family in Morocco: learning the language, culture and engaging in conversations to meet TONS of new people.  During this time I will also be attending a conference for a week in Turkey!

From Morocco it is on to a short siesta in the Middle East where I look forward to meeting up with some new friends, hitting up at least three countries and experiencing the heat wave that is August in the desert.  

Traveling south from the Middle East I will cross the equator and settle into East Africa where I will be attending classes as a student with the Go ED program.  I am very excited for this unique opportunity as I will be spending each month in a different country for studies and also for a practicum session where we will be working to help people in a specified field. The four month program wraps up in December, which will be just in time for my next adventure!

I am currently planning on staying overseas for a while longer.  Whether it will be a matter of days, weeks, months or years - only God knows at this point.  I am trying to leave myself completely open to what my future holds and what God has next for me.

No comments: