Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

So Sweet


Day 2: Today is Sunday and after not having slept more than a few occasional hours over the course of the past few days I was finally able to sleep in! I missed church (sorry P. Bill), which I was essentially excused from since I was going non-stop since arriving in Morocco. Took it easy, finally had a shower and began to explore my surroundings. Matt, the dad of the family I am working with, stopped by to show some people around the house (they were looking to buy furniture - more on that later). Shortly after that my roommates and I met up with the rest of the family and some friends for lunch at this amazing little French restaurant just a few blocks from our apartment. In addition to getting so tasty crepes, I also received a quick French lesson since the waiter INSISTED that I either order in French or Arabic! It was my first major meal since arriving in Fes and it was delicious!

During lunch, Faith and Christa, two of the girls who live in the area, invited Nicole (roommate), Heather (mom of family) and Me (Christina!) to play soccer with them that afternoon. After a small amount of debate we all agreed to play, I was SO EXCITED!!!

A quick introduction to the family (and friends) in the picture. Moving from left to right: Matt (dad), Christa, Sedona (kid), Faith, Saralyn (kid), Heather (mom), Philip (kid), Nicole (roommate), Ryan (roommate- married to Nicole)

No comments: