Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Best Group Ever!

Today I had the opportunity to spend an afternoon with a group from a school in California. Having encountered several different groups traveling through Morocco before, I figured this bunch would be no different than your typical American bunch. Wow, was I ever wrong.

This joyous group of six welcomed me into their lives as they opened up their hearts and hands helping me to feel right at home. Swapping stories in the hotel lobby and over lunch at Mc Donalds, you couldn’t help but see the light of Christ shining through as they spoke sweetly with hope. They were exactly the encouragement and inspiration I needed as I found myself growing discouraged and worn out from living in this society.  

It was refreshing to see a group who radiated love for one another and respect for the people of this country. Prayerful and open, I know they’ve blessed the lives of countless people they encountered throughout their travels.

I know they have touched my life and it will never be the same.

At a time when I needed it most, they encircled me with love, treating me like a sister and dear friend. I am blessed to be a part of their family.

No comments: