Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

pasta antics

Going Italian in Morocco while speaking English... just another typical night. If you haven't already caught the theme of tonight's dinner it was spaghetti with pasta sauce, cheese from Marjane (in other words we don't know what kind of cheese it was) and I made my usual cucumber & tomato salad which has recently been spiced up with onions (adventurous I know!). Having already completed the intricacies of my vegi creation, I was sitting at the table in the other room waiting for Ryan & Nicole to finish up the main course of the meal when a fit of laughing erupted from the kitchen. Rushing in I found Ryan searching the floor for the rouge noodle explaining: 
"You throw the noodles at the wall to see if they're done." Ours obviously were NOT sticking! "But I know they are done," Nicole states as she slips one into her mouth. 
"They are supposed to stick!" Ryan retorts laughingly. 
"Maybe these noodles are different," suggests Nicole. Trying again he flings a noodle on the opposite wall, just above the tiles, luck at last! Flipping around he hurls a noodle at the wall above our camping stove (yes, we cook on a camping stove everyday!) going, "see, it sticks!" The noodle certainly stuck... about 6-7 feet up the wall! "Oops, I should have thought about that first," Ryan concludes as we all smile and stare at the stylized noodle on our wall. 
I will admit that it was quite a stylized noodle though, very artistic! We retrieved the noodle successfully and had a wonderful Italian dinner, complete with all the entertainment cooking brings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy :)