Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Moving Day!

The first of what promises to be many moves came all to quickly today as I packed up all my worldly possessions into a series of bags and drug them several blocks to my new abode.

Having lived in one house for all but the first year of my life, I am not accostumed to moving and was in for a very harsh reality. I have too much stuff!

Knowing that I came over with a few to many items, I had planned to drop some of the weight as time progressed and be down to only one bag when December came to a close. However, reflecting back on this latest move I realize the time to downsize is NOW!

I cannot lug two large bags across the Middle East and into East Africa while still being able to enjoy the journey. Therefore, prioritization is in order, but it is proving to be a tough process.

Learning to live with less is an essential part of nomadic living and along with it comes a required shift in thinking. Everything is replaceable. It is my new motto.

Traveling to other countries it can be tempting to think that they won’t have what you need, but the reality is that unless you are out in the jungle or desert you can probably find nearly everything you could ever need or want it just might take a little extra time to find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i made rice krispies for a class. Many of them were muslim and did not eat gelatin. If you can find the jarred marshmallow fluff it has no gelatin in it. Just an idea! Love, sarah