Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Surviving Sickness

It finally happened. After six weeks in the country I finally became incredibly ill. I have graciously been informed that it happens to the best of us, but it was just a bit disheartening because I had begun to think that perhaps I had finally developed an iron stomach. Alas it was not to be as my body decided to reject everything I had consumed for the past day and half. Taking it easy for a day, I rebounded quicker than expected and was feeling normal less than 24 hours later. Pushing myself a bit too quickly I learned early the next morning that all was NOT well and then was sick for two additional days. Learning from my previous mistake I have decided to take things slow… very slow and am cautiously reintroducing food into my diet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gunpowder is a chinese GREEN tea rolled into balls. The English named it so, because it looked like the gunpowder used in cannons. Some of the finest teas are "gunpowder".